Communicating with Heart and Power:
Say what you mean
Mean what you say
But don’t say it mean.
with Nancy D. Young, Ph.D.
Dr. Young is a Clinical Psychologist who has taught assertive communication skills for over 30 years. Join us for a fun and educational experience!
Do You Want to Learn :
What your voice would say if you had one?
How to say “No” without feeling guilty?
How to actually ask for what you want?
How to resolve conflict situations so they enhance relationships.
Some of the differences between women’s and men’s communication styles.
To be able to hear frustrations and complaints from another without freaking out.
How to give supportive statements and to be clear about issues that upset you
Over the last forty years, studies have continued to demonstrate that assertiveness ability is strongly linked to:
- Enhanced immune systems
- Reduction of illness and injury
- Increased self-esteem
- Strengthened sense of personal identity
- Improved job satisfaction
- Reduced anger and hostility
- Lowered levels of stress & tension
- More fulfilling relationships
- Less marital discord
- Improvement in phobic & anxiety conditions
- Lowered depression levels
- Increased effectiveness in the treatment of substance abuse and eating disorders
6 Week Workshop -- $347
Bring a friend and you both get 10% off!
Monday Evenings from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Next Series To Be Determined
Contact Holly at our office to be added to the notification list